IMI Precision Engineering Regional Sales Manager - Energy in Littleton, Colorado
This role is within the energy sector and is responsible for all sales activities working towards the achievement of related sales budget, goals and objectives within the specified region. As an outside sales role, you will be responsible for creating demand through established contacts, lead/relationship generation and development, marketing campaigns and trade show attendance. This is a senior level field management position focused on the direct and/or indirect channels to market. The individual in this role will be an experienced Oil and Gas/Energy subject matter expert, with the ability to influence stakeholders and clients within their knowledge of the industry and valve product lines. The position has a significant and very broad revenue and geographical territory accountability and requires a good understanding of technical sales to be successful.
Travel requirements – restricted to defined territory or as required by management. Occasional overnight stays within the territory will be required.Travel estimated to be 50%. Position is home-office based.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Implement those defined strategies and tactics to achieve budgeted order input, revenue shipment and profitability levels within the assigned region. Recommend to sales management how best to deployed sales channel strategies and resource allocations for served markets.
Directly responsible for major account sales and marketing activities and the communication of goals and objectives to internal resources to ensure territory success.
Develop specific business and sales plans to achieve growth objectives and recommend new product development and other Company services in support of said plan.
Directly accountable for new account acquisitions and revenue/market share gains.
Establish and maintain meaningful relationships with the key personnel of each assigned major account. Fairly arbitrate customer and channel conflicts within assigned geographical channels.
Prepare, negotiate and manage all customer pricing programs and contracts. Strive for consistency and price/value improvement while working within company policies. Ensure all Norgren terms and conditions are being upheld.
Maintain a general awareness of developments within the market, to provide feedback on customer issues, competitor activities, pricing trends, consolidation activities and marketing initiatives
Maintain accurate and complete territory and account data within company CRM system relative to: Lead referral, Opportunity, Forecasts, and other information as required by Management.
Provide timely and complete reports and other information as required by management.
Act in a positive and proactive manner, at all times, while presenting the Corporation, Division, its products and services, and policies.
Educate and act in a consistent manner within the scope and principles of the ‘IMI Way’.
Provide technical product and application sales and training to distribution partners and end users
Other duties as assigned.
Must have engineering or science Bachelor's degree
Minimum of 5 years in Oil/Gas/Energy industry or sales experience strongly preferred
Industrial valve experience strongly preferred
5+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Working knowledge of Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems
Certificates and Licenses
- Individual must possess a valid Driver’s License.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Deliver Results – Level 3
Drive Innovation – Level 3
· Sets out and achieves breakthrough standards of performance
· Looks beyond past results to set stretching objectives and realistic goals for performance management; for self and team
· Maintains focus on key priorities
· Demonstrates quantifiable improvements against agreed performance expectations
· Thinks laterally to identify opportunities to enable innovation; comes up with innovative ideas and stimulates others to do the same
· Applies customer insights to create new local and global market opportunities for the business
· Analyses relationships between several parts of a problem or situation and thinks ahead to the next several steps in detail
· Varies actions to match or anticipate the market or customer situation and pro-actively makes improvements work methods in order to accomplish a plan
Business Driven – Level 2
Customer Driven – Level 4
· Interprets a range of financial and operational data, including budgets, balance sheets and variance reports to identify business opportunities
· Evaluates effectiveness of activities and articulates business benefits to others of a specific plan
· Anticipates and takes action to create an opportunity or avoid future problems, looking up to a year ahead
· Ensures that risks are identified and actions taken to mitigate them
· Works with a long-term perspective in mind when dealing with customers and takes a “big picture”, strategic and highly commercial view around product development
· Builds an informed and objective opinion on customer needs, problems, opportunities and possibilities for service beyond the immediate business concern, taking into account industry and economic trends and other critical forces
· Has the confidence to “hold the line” with powerful customers and to articulate the explicit value proposition that we provide
· Influences and shapes the customer decision makers to break new ground with innovative products and services that generate significant value to them and IMI
‘Can do - Will do’ – Level 3
Influence Stakeholders – Level 3
· Stays positive in the face of setbacks; continues to operate effectively even in ongoing, demanding circumstances
· Pro-actively seeks out feedback and adjusts future approach, applies lessons learned in a disciplined way
· Demonstrates passion and commitment even when faced with difficult situations
· Motivates others to achieve goals
· Identifies opinion formers and key influencers to build understanding of and support for proposals
· Creates more sophisticated stakeholder plans in order to persuade and influence and achieve desired business outcomes
· Leverages own personal credibility and positional power when appropriate
· Acts with integrity when influencing others to ensure that the purpose is transparent and understood by all stakeholders
Job ID 2019-31834
# of Openings 1
Platform IMI Precision Engineering