IMI Precision Engineering Shipping Clerk in Machesney Park, Illinois
Bimba, part of IMI Precision Engineering, is a forward-thinking innovator providing industry-leading pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motion solutions that are easy to use, reliable and ready for all engineering solutions. We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment. As a business we aim to understand our customers’ challenges. We then connect our products, people and expertise in order to deliver exceptional service and solutions. We call this Engineering GREAT, and we deliver it to customers through a world-class portfolio of high performance products, through close partnerships and problem-solving, and through a global network of support which ensures reliable local delivery, all over the world.
Perform duties to pack and ship out going orders for a wide variety of pneumatic air cylinders. Work from packing slips, listings, bills of lading and verbal instructions.
· Rotate between department workstations involving packing, weighing out boxes and placing cartons in cages on skids.
· Load forms release orders to print on packing slips.
· Check customer orders prior to shipment for overall condition, proper items and markings and quantities against the packing slip.
· Assist Customer Service in expediting and drop shipments and changing orders and ways of shipment.
· Select proper cardboard cartons and packaging materials for orders.
· Construct cartons and insert products to prevent damaging in shipment. Seal cartons and affix proper labels.
· Prepare bills of lading and air bills for truck or air shipments as required and call for pick-ups.
· Release consolidated orders and print required paperwork and pack orders for pickups.
· Prepare required paperwork and package international shipments.
· Backorder and cancel order items on packing slips as required.
· Process UPS, Airborne and Federal Express shipments enter required data in manifest system for invoicing and run end of day manifests for billing purposes.
· Process orders manually as required.
· Enter catalogs into inventory upon arrival and pick catalog orders for shipment.
· Keep track of and order all supplies needed for the shipping department.
· Use tape machine, battery powered and manual pallet jack, scale, mainframe, computer, Foam Air Machine, semi-automatic carton sealer, carton erector.
· Must be able to lift 70-80 lbs. on a regular basis.
· Must be able to meet production requirements of 70-75 pieces per day.
· And/or 350 pieces per week (average).
Job ID 2018-31632
# of Openings 2
Job Locations US-IL-Machesney Park
Platform IMI Precision Engineering