IMI Precision Engineering DET Designer I in Rochester Hills, Michigan
Want to gain comprehensive planning/scheduling experience where you
will apply & grow your experience in an innovative, hands-on environment?
Joining the team at IMI Precision Engineering will provide these opportunities and many more!
IMI Precision Engineering is a global organization with a small company feel. We specialize in providing innovative engineering services, custom design and manufacturing solutions to our customers.
We are looking for a Associate Production Planner to join our team. This position requires a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast paced environment and enjoys facing new challenges.
To provide low level complexity, while still providing high quality, and volume of designs within the application and/or engineering group relating to all phases of core business. Designs, drafts layouts and drawings of automation components and/or dies, assemblies, components and/or systems from specifications, source control drawings, sketches, models, prototypes or verbal instructions for both new and existing product design
Entry level of knowledge of automation/product &/or die design with basic understanding and knowledge on press automation and equipment for design considerations.
Creates specific conceptual product solutions; able to guide identify the best solution for implementation into the product design &/or customer requirements.
Designs several types of pressroom automation, product &/or dies (Tandem, Crossbar and Tri-axis types of automation) with assistance / supervision.
May recommend multiple solutions to leaders and suggesting improved work processes.
Support and follow quality and process improvement procedures, including general write up and documentation of design revisions.
Able to apply basic manufacturing tolerances to detailed drawings based on product function and manufacturing capability. Able to apply basic GD&T to part detail drawings.
Able to conduct product part and assembly verification to the created documentation.
Able to implement basic Engineering Change Notifications with supervision.
Detail oriented with modeling practices and bill of materials.
Able to understand and work within budgeted hours and duration of set expectations for the specific work assigned.14. Display positive interpersonal skills in customer and team interactions
Models positive relations and teamwork within the organization.
Review customer source control drawings/information, specification control drawings/information and other applicable specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of product.
Perform preliminary and advanced work in development of working layouts and final master drawings, adequate for detailing parts and units of design for new proposals and current designs.
Make revisions to size, shape and arrangement of parts to create efficient design drawings.
Design studies, tolerance stack-ups, layouts, drawings, calculations, weight estimates, supporting documentation, etc., are to be completed on 2-D/3-D CAD or other computer applications.
Education and Experience
• Associates degree or higher from accredited College, University or Trade School and less than 1 year of experience.
• More than 3 years related experience and/or training (if not degreed)
• Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret documents such as customer reports, specifications and government standards.
• Ability to clearly and professionally compose routine reports and correspondence.
• Proven communication skills with demonstrated ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
• Able to calculate component and assembly weight, area, volume and circumference.
• Demonstrated problem solving skills including ability to carry out written, oral and diagram instructions.
• Previous experience in resolving problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Computers and Technology
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have knowledge of: Catia V5 or UG-NX, MS Word, MS Excel spreadsheet software and MS Power Point.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Gender/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Job ID 2019-31932
# of Openings 1
Platform IMI Precision Engineering