IMI Precision Engineering Machinist III in University Park, Illinois
Bimba, part of IMI Precision Engineering, is a forward-thinking innovator providing industry-leading pneumatic, hydraulic and electric motion solutions that are easy to use, reliable and ready for all engineering solutions. We are a world leader in motion and fluid control technologies. Wherever precision, speed and engineering reliability are essential, we deliver exceptional solutions which improve the productivity and efficiency of our customers’ equipment. As a business we aim to understand our customers’ challenges. We then connect our products, people and expertise in order to deliver exceptional service and solutions. We call this Engineering GREAT, and we deliver it to customers through a world-class portfolio of high performance products, through close partnerships and problem-solving, and through a global network of support which ensures reliable local delivery, all over the world.
Are you an experienced Machinist looking to work for a great and growing company!? APPLY NOW!
We are looking for a 3rd shift Machinist III to join the IMI/BIMBA family!
Working from work orders, blueprints, charts, listings and verbal instructions, setups and operates computer numeric controlled (CNC) work centers to machine a wide variety of standard and special component parts of above average complexity which are utilized in the manufacturing of pneumatic cylinders.
· *Work at primary CNC machining center and rotates between other CNC and conventional work centers on a regular basis to meet production scheduling requirements.
· *Install and adjust various types of tooling and fixtures in the work centers.
· *Insert computer programs and set machine feeds and speeds.
· *Cut and/or position raw materials into machine center jaws and fixtures.
· *Progress first piece through the initial run, analyzing and making critical adjustments to tooling, and modifying computer programs and operating parameters of work centers.
· *Perform progressive turning, drilling, milling and tapping operations, which are above average in complexity to produce stated quantities of component parts.
· *Monitor ongoing operations through machine cycles, and load and unload work centers as necessary on a concurrent basis.
· *Inspect parts for stated dimensions and surface imperfections.
· *Troubleshoot and resolve problems involving tooling, materials, programs, equipment and part specifications. Identify and recommend changes to part specifications to improve machine ability.
· Minimum of 5 years CNC machining experience; 4 years of manual machining experience may be substituted for 1 year of CNC machining experience.
· Must be able to perform all task outlined on the Machinist III Technical Training Guide (TG-Machinist 3).
· Previous programming/editing and set-up experience
· Proficient in the use the cutting tools and measuring instruments
· Read & understand blueprint drawings.
Job ID 2019-31770
# of Openings 1
Platform IMI Precision Engineering